Friday, January 17, 2014

NFL Championship Game Weekend

Man, what a freaking weekend of football we got coming up here. 

Pats vs. Broncos - Wow.  Can Peyton distinguish his longtime nemesis?  Can Brady win with a ho-hum supporting cast on the road in a place historically difficult to play?  Here's guessing that this game comes down to which defense can suck less. 

Seahawks vs. Niners - Best two teams in the NFL.  Period.  Overall and on paper, I think San Francisco has more talent and is a better team.  However, the "better" team doesn't always win, contrary to popular opinion. 

Seattle is one giant hornets nest (Battle of Shiloh 1862 reference there) to play at.  I saw something that said that there have been more opponants false starts committed in Seattle than anywhere else in the NFL in the past several years.  From personal observation, I have noted that opposing teams seem to have difficulty running their 2 minute offense there.  Communication becomes a lot harder when you have such a rabid/passionate fan base in your ear. 

Both games should be outstanding, but I know I'll personally enjoy watching the NFC game more.  Great defense, tackling, and physicality has always drawn my interest in a football game, and what better two teams showcase this better than Seattle and San Fran? 

For the record, Seattle's defense if the best I've seen since the 05' Steelers.  I also think Thomas is the best safety since a young Ed Reed and Sherman is the best corner since Revis pre knee injury.  San Fran has the best linebacking core I've watched in my lifetime.  I mean, holy crap, this is must freaking watch tv. 

No comments:

Post a Comment